Saturday, April 9, 2011

Oh! The Places You'll Go!

Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You’re off to Great Places!
You’re off and away!

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You’re on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go.



I'm off to Belgium tomorrow! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee so excited! I've dreamt of travelling pretty much all my life, having been brought up on a steady diet of my mother's travel tales. Living in London is amazing, but so sedentary. But for the next 7 days I'll be living the life...I have a bus ticket, a hostel, and no other plans. Wish me luck!

A few facts about the state of the nation in Belgium (care of Lonely Planet):
  • Smoking
    Banned in Belgian restaurants, but not in cafés (pubs/bars)
  • National debt Belgium has one of the EU’s highest debt levels – 94% of GDP in 2005
  • Minimum gross monthly salary €1210
  • GDP US$350 billion
  • Unemployment
    Flanders 10%; Wallonia 18%; Brussels 21%
  • Chocolate consumption 16kg per head annually
  • Area 30, 278 sq km
  • Inflation 2.8%
  • Population 10.5 million
  • Beer consumption 100L per head annually
  • Sex 58% of Belgians are satisfied with their sex life, up on the worldwide average of 44%

No comments:

Post a Comment